Company boards have always faced challenges as they fulfill their somewhat constant missions.
However, the specific fulfillment of those missions varies with the circumstances, and today’s circumstances are nothing short of extraordinary. From the coronavirus crisis to rapid societal changes, from the increasing importance of ESG considerations to cybersecurity threats, and from geopolitical uncertainty to the slowdown of globalization, how are company boards adapting?
To explore company board adaptations to today’s extraordinary context, the KPMG Professorship in International Corporate Governance is pleased to welcome experienced board members and executives including
- Monica de Virgiliis, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, SNAM and Board Chair Chapter Zero France
- Angeles Garcia-Poveda, Independent Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, Legrand
- Lord David Gold, Lawyer and Founding Partner of David Gold & Associates
- Denis Terrien, Chairman IFA (French Institute of Directors/Institut Français des administrateurs) - CEO Salesforce South Europe
- Serge Weinberg, Board Chairman, Sanofi
The welcome and opening remarks will be delivered by Valerie Moatti, Dean of Faculty, ESCP and Wilfrid Lauriano do Rego, President of the Supervisory Board, KPMG. The introduction and exchanges will be led by Patrick-Hubert Petit, former KPMG partner, Drew Shagrin, Professor of Business Law at ESCP and David Chekroun, Professor of Business Law at ESCP and Scientific Director of the KPMG Professorship in International Corporate Governance.
After the roundtable discussion, a short video will present the Professorship’s innovative tool for teaching corporate governance, a simulation that propels learners into the boardroom in a new and better way.
You can attend in-person or you can receive the recording. Choose when registering