The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Empower Your Career
The Executive MBA (EMBA) at ESCP is a part-time programme ranked 5th overall by the Financial Times 2022 Rankings. Choose from over 50 electives and 6 international campuses.
This real-time transformational programme is the stepping stone you need to bridge the gap between your untapped potential and the world-class leader in you.
Executive MBA is offered in 3 alternative formats : In-class, online or Blended format
9 Core Courses
Build a comprehensive foundation in managerial concepts
Curate your EMBA with your choice of specialisations
5 International Seminars
Deepen your insights and pool knowledge with your peers
1 International Consulting Project
Tackle a real-world business case within a multicultural team
Define company strategies and execute them while taking into account a variety of aspects (finance, marketing, supply chain, IT, etc.)
Put into action transformation plans for a company or an activity
Develop ones leadership and manage teams in a multicultural environment
Master and apply appropriate methodologies, carry out in-depth analysis to solve problems
Make decisions and measure their impacts
Create value for companies and society while considering issues of sustainability (humanity, ethics, economics, climate, management of natural resources...)
Develop a personal leadership philosophy that reflects greater knowledge, capabilities and insight in a cross-cultural environment
Empower the top-level leader within you and expand your perspective on life
Share your experience with a highly diverse group - an invaluable asset in today’s global business environment
Leverage your career (with an average 74% increase in salary)
Join an influential global network as part of the 73,000-strong ESCP Alumni community, present in over 150 countries
Financial Times 2022
Lindsey NEFESH-CLARKE, EMBA 2009
Founder and Managing Director – Women's Worldwide Web
“My career has taken a quantum leap thanks to the ESCP Executive MBA. It enabled me to develop self-confidence and a sense of the possibilities of management and leadership to embrace this ambitious social venture.”
Peter LINDQVIST, EMBA 2014
Account Manager Oil & Gas EMEA
“If you want a world-class Executive MBA in an international environment while keeping your job, a programme that combines academic theory with the real world application, and to improve your leadership and strategy skills, then the ESCP Executive MBA is the right choice and right place to be.”
Mihai ZANT, EMBA 2014
EMEA Director for JustNOW
“I am confident now to sit at a table with any executive in the world in any country of the world.”
You are determined to take your future into your hands with our Executive MBA. But you will need to find time to study in your busy work week. That is why we have carefully designed this part-time Executive MBA programme highly customisable: you choose where and how long you want to study, and you curate the content.
The ESCP Executive MBA helps you to balance your studies with your work and your personal life.
6 International Campuses
As a highly flexible and international programme designed to adapt to your life, you get to choose where you take your core courses. For each course, you have the choice between three of our European campuses. You also have the option of taking one or all of your core courses online and mixing in-class and online with our blended format. No matter where you study, you receive the same high-quality ESCP Executive MBA curriculum.
The core courses equip you with all the cross-functional knowledge and managerial skills that a business leader like you will need. You will complete 180 hours taught throughout the year in weekday or weekend sessions, depending upon the study track.
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Managing People and Organisations
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Responsible Leadership & Sustainability
- Supply Chain Management OR Geopolitics OR Data science for managers
The nine core courses of the Executive MBA may also be completed as a stand-alone component known as the General Management Program (GMP).
You will choose 10 to 12 electives from a range of 50 electives available across the 5 ESCP campuses and via distance learning. As an Executive MBA Alum, you’ll have the opportunity to complete up to two additional electives every year.
“As an entrepreneur, it was critical to fix my blind spots in business.”
Daisy McDonald, EMBA 2017
Over the course of the Executive MBA, 5 location-specific seminars explore the burning issues in global business. The 5 week-long seminars are an opportunity to pool your own knowledge and experience with that of your peers.
International Consulting Project (ICP)
You will work on this collaborative, multi-disciplinary project as part of an intercultural team over 12 to 14 months. You and your team will complete an in-depth analysis of a situation or an issue faced by a company and make recommendations for actions that can realistically be implemented by the firm.
The outcome of your ICP is a series of recommendations that the company can implement in order to meet the strategic challenge at hand.
“The ICP [...] represents a real challenge from a professional perspective; you and the team go well beyond your comfort zone, your field of expertise.”
Alessandro Rossi, EMBA 2015
Personal Executive Coach
The Executive MBA is a holistic programme that drives positive change in your life that extends beyond the professional. You can explore themes that are relevant to your career development, or choose to focus on personal decision-making and identify the actions that will help you reach your goals.
You will apply the skills acquired throughout the programme thanks to:
- The International Consultancy Project (ICP): the objective of this group project is to address a challenge faced by a real-world company and provide a concrete recommendation or set of actions based on in-depth strategic analysis of the company and their issue.
- ICP, case studies, business games, company diagnostics and strategic reports: these pedagogical methods require the participant to formalise a strategic plan while taking into account all of the functions of a company.
To receive the Executive MBA degree the following conditions must be met:
- Successful acquisition of the skills taught by the Executive MBA programme
- The successful completion of the ICP (International Consultancy Project) in the form of a written strategic plan that includes your groups’ recommendations to the company, as well as the defence of said plan before a jury of experts who will evaluate the pertinence of the recommendations.
- Create or rethink the organisational structure of a company while taking into account its existing activities and strategies to ensure a smooth transition. Execute projected analyses to anticipate the short, mid, and long-term impacts of these transitions.
- Manage organisations and teams and put into place team workflows and processes to increase collective performance
- Recognize the implications of different leadership styles and their efficacy in adopting the best approach to reach the objectives set forth by the leader and the realisation of their vision.
- Use the tools of each function of the company to dialogue and facilitate the decision making, especially within a context of uncertainty all while analysing the associated risks and opportunities.
- Apply critical analysis to the needs and expectations of various stakeholders and determine the specific and necessary resources--transversal, internal, external--to the deployment of the identified solutions.
- Identify the environmental and societal issues by mobilising the internal and external stakeholders of the company and develop a sustainable business model
VAE (validation des acquis de l'expérience)
The programme is eligible for the VAE (Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience).
Success rate 2021
The Executive MBA was granted the “Grade de master” for its “diplôme pour dirigeant en administration des affaires” by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI). This degree is registered on the RNCP (French Register of Professional Certifications) – RNCP sheet N°35383
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Your peers are an integral part of your learning experience at ESCP. The Executive MBA cohort is hand-picked from the highest calibre of business leaders. We select participants from a variety of cultural and industry backgrounds to ensure that the input in class is always challenging and rewarding.
Class Profile 2021
Average Professional Experiences
Representation by Regions
“During 18 months, I developed my hard and soft skills together with high profile professionals who became a family. On the itinerant track, the European Expertise of the teachers gave me the tools to anticipate and identify issues. Now I feel ready for the next step in my career.”
Antonio Fajardo, GMP 2016, EMBA 2018
Product Technology Manager
As part of the ESCP Alumni, you’ll enjoy access to a truly global network of contacts: over 73,000 business leaders in more than 150 countries. The ESCP Alumni Association offers fun and exciting opportunities to plug into this international network via the national alumni associations, and organizes a range of events and regular reunions across the world.
Within the ESCP Alumni Association, you can also look forward to membership of Club EMBA, which represents 5,000 Executive MBA graduates from the past 25 years of the program. Club EMBA is a high-powered network with a strong community spirit, and organizes regular events including breakfast & learn, networking bars, workshops, conferences, and annual reunions.
EMBA Women's Network
The EMBA Women's Network ensures you have the support you need to head off the particular challenges faced by women seeking to take their career to the next level. Initiatives include on-campus networking events, coaching sessions and elective courses on topics such as Women in Leadership.
“Change can only be achieved if women support each other whenever possible.”
Catherine Gaudry, MBA 2017
“For me, the real plus of ESCP is the strong commitment of the school to develop, support and mobilize female executives.”
Anne Kalu, MBA 2017
Skyte Global Travels
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
- A previous university degree: Bachelor (minimum 240 ECTS credits), Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline
- A minimum of five years of managerial experience, based on demonstration of managerial skills and potential for success within your company (recommendation letters)
- Fluency in English: courses are taught in English, and all coursework must be submitted in English.
- For non-native English speakers, we require the following minimum test scores (TOEFL 100 / IELTS Band 7 / In-house English Test (free) provided by British Council: CEFR c1*). If you have worked or studied in English for at least two years, you will not be required to submit test scores related to English fluency.
*CEFR stands for Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Individual assessment meeting with the Admissions department (in person, by phone or online)
Applications are made online. To apply for the EMBA, you have to submit the following documents:
- Degree certificates or grade transcripts covering all years of university study (official translation can be requested)
- Up-to-date CV
- Two reference letters (the two referees will receive a form to be completed)
- English Language certificate (if you are not a native English speaker)
- Copy of passport or ID
- Application fee of €300
On-campus or online admission interview with Program Directors, Faculty and Alumni
Admission decision within one week
Confirmation of enrolment and payment of deposit one month following acceptance.
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Fees & Financing
The Executive MBA is a Master's-level higher education degree, accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. The degree is registered with the Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) under the number RNCP 35383.
The ESCP Executive MBA fees are €79,000 (September 2023 and January 2024 intakes).
Tuition fees include 520 teaching hours, all course materials and online resources, and accommodation expenses for off-campus seminars. Travel and living expenses are not included.
In ESCP we value diversity and want to encourage real exchanges from individuals from many different backgrounds. To facilitate this, we offer the following scholarships schemes to accepted candidates:
- Women in Leadership
- Individuals based in Emerging Markets
- Those working for NGO/Non-profit
- Those working in a Small or Medium Sized Enterprises (SME : less than 250 employees)
These scholarships reduce tuition fees by between 5 and 20 % (maximum) and are awarded to candidates who can demonstrate that they will make an outstanding contribution to the program and to their organisations or community.
If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please contact Agnes Honorien (email@example.com) for more information.
70% of our Executive MBA participants receive some financial support from their employer. Funding may also be available in the form of scholarships or government loans in your country. Our Admissions Officer will be happy to advise you about funding opportunities.
Financial institutions can provide you with a student loan. Our on-campus teams are also available to ease the process with purpose-designed credit facilities such as low-interest loans, tailored instalment schedules, and flexible payments.
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Get in touch with the EMBA team
Are you thinking about applying to ESCP’s EMBA and would like further information about the programme? Reach out to a member of ESCP's team! You can also sign up for one of our events.
Book an appointment with one of our recruitment advisors
In order to book a one-to-one and personalised advice, all you need to do is check your home country advisor’s calendar and choose the date and time most suitable for you.
Book a call
Meet us online or in presence at our campuses or at fairs around the world.