The Online Executive MBA (EMBA)
Empower Your Career
The Executive MBA at ESCP Business School is a part-time programme that brings together business leaders from around the globe.
Through interaction with top faculty, and executives from many diverse professional backgrounds, our programme and gives participants rare access to invaluable insights and networks from the business world.
The Online Executive MBA provides the same cutting edge course content as ESCP’s classroom-based Executive MBA core courses, with the same learning objectives and outcomes. We offer you the most innovative, online educational environment coupled with opportunities for face-to-face learning on your home campus, our European campuses or modules throughout the world (depending on the format chosen).
9 Core Courses
Build a comprehensive foundation in managerial concepts
Personalise your EMBA with a wide choice of specialisations designed exclusively for an EMBA population.
5 International Seminars
Deepen your insights, challenge your preconceptions, build networks and pool knowledge with your peers
1 International Consulting Project
Tackle a real-world business case within a multicultural team
* With an average 78% increase in salary
Define company strategies and execute them while taking into account a variety of aspects (finance, marketing, supply chain, IT, etc.)
Put into action transformation plans for a company or an activity
Develop ones leadership and manage teams in a multicultural environment
Master and apply appropriate methodologies, carry out in-depth analysis to solve problems
Make decisions and measure their impacts
Create value for companies and society while considering issues of sustainability (humanity, ethics, economics, climate, management of natural resources...)
Develop a personal leadership philosophy that reflects greater knowledge, capabilities and insight in a cross-cultural environment
Empower the top-level leader within you and expand your perspective on life
Share your experience with a highly diverse group - an invaluable asset in today’s global business environment
Leverage your career (with an average 78% increase in salary)
Join an influential global network as part of the 65,000-strong ESCP Alumni community, present in over 150 countries
The Online Executive MBA (EMBA)
Shape your future
You are determined to shape your future the ESCP Online Executive MBA will help you. In a hectic professional schedule, you will need to find the time to study and reflect. The ESCP Executive MBA helps you to balance your studies with both your work, and your personal life allowing you to choose when and where to study...
Each course is divided into Learning Units which include both theoretical content (readings and multimedia components) and assignments which allow you to apply theory to real-world situations, often in your own company.
This combination of providing all the theoretical fundamentals with opportunities for your immediate application in a “learning by doing” approach through assignments. It has proven particularly effective in empowering participants in their jobs and preparing them for moving up to the “next career step”.
Asynchronous Online study
Online study is mostly asynchronous, so you can connect at whatever times suit you best to ensure maximum flexibility and compatibility with other professional commitments in whatever time-zone you are based in or may travel to.
Synchronous moments (i.e. recommendations to connect at specific dates and times) will also be scheduled so that you can share via visio conferences with your peers and professors. These online sessions are recorded to have the opportunity to replay them later.
The core courses of the online Executive MBA equip you with all the cross-functional knowledge and managerial skills that a business leader like you will need. You will complete 180 hours taught throughout the year in weekday or weekend sessions, depending upon the study track.
- Corporate Strategy
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Managing People and Organisations
- Supply Chain Management
- Cost Accounting and Management Control
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
The nine core courses of the Online Executive MBA may also be completed as a stand-alone component known as the General Management Program (GMP) on an online format as well.
With an EMBA at ESCP, you tailor your skill-set to your professional project.
You will choose 10 to 12 electives from a range of 50 electives available across the 5 ESCP campuses and via distance learning. As an Executive MBA Alumni you’ll have the opportunity to complete an additional elective every year following graduation.
“As an entrepreneur, it was critical to fix my blind spots in business.”
Daisy McDonald, EMBA 2017
Learn how to do business and gain insights into developing markets in Brazil, China or India.
Over the course of the Executive MBA, 5 location-specific seminars explore the burning issues in global business. The 5, week-long seminars are an opportunity to build your network and to pool your own knowledge and experience with that of your peers.
International Consulting Project (ICP)
Put your learning from the EMBA into practice by taking on a real-world business case with the International Consulting Project (ICP).
You will work on this collaborative, multi-disciplinary project as part of an intercultural team over 12 to 14 months. You and your team will complete an in-depth analysis of a situation or an issue faced by a company and make recommendations for actions that can realistically be implemented by the firm.
The outcome of your ICP is a series of recommendations that the company can implement in order to meet the strategic challenge at hand.
“The ICP [...] represents a real challenge from a professional perspective; you and the team go well beyond your comfort zone, your field of expertise.”
Alessandro Rossi, EMBA 2015
On each campus, you will receive personalised and goal-oriented career guidance throughout the Executive MBA, as well as 4 hours of confidential, one-to-one coaching sessions.
You can use this time to explore themes that are relevant to your career development. Alternatively, you may choose to focus on personal decision-making and identify the actions that will move you towards your goal.
You will apply the skills acquired throughout the programme thanks to:
- The International Consultancy Project (ICP): the objective of this group project is to address a challenge faced by a real-world company and provide a concrete recommendation or set of actions based on in-depth strategic analysis of the company and their issue.
- ICP, case studies, business games, company diagnostics and strategic reports: these pedagogical methods require the participant to formalise a strategic plan while taking into account all of the functions of a company.
To receive the Executive MBA degree the following conditions must be met:
- Successful acquisition of the skills taught by the Executive MBA programme
- The successful completion of the ICP (International Consultancy Project) in the form of a written strategic plan that includes your groups’ recommendations to the company, as well as the defence of said plan before a jury of experts who will evaluate the pertinence of the recommendations.
- Create or rethink the organisational structure of a company while taking into account its existing activities and strategies to ensure a smooth transition. Execute projected analyses to anticipate the short, mid, and long-term impacts of these transitions.
- Manage organisations and teams and put into place team workflows and processes to increase collective performance
- Recognize the implications of different leadership styles and their efficacy in adopting the best approach to reach the objectives set forth by the leader and the realisation of their vision.
- Use the tools of each function of the company to dialogue and facilitate the decision making, especially within a context of uncertainty all while analysing the associated risks and opportunities.
- Apply critical analysis to the needs and expectations of various stakeholders and determine the specific and necessary resources--transversal, internal, external--to the deployment of the identified solutions.
- Identify the environmental and societal issues by mobilising the internal and external stakeholders of the company and develop a sustainable business model
VAE (validation des acquis de l'expérience)
The programme is eligible for the VAE (Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience).
The Online Executive MBA (EMBA)
Your peers are an integral part of your learning experience at ESCP. The Executive MBA cohort is hand-picked from the highest calibre of business leaders. We select participants from a variety of cultural and industry backgrounds to ensure that the input in class is always challenging and rewarding.
Class Profile 2020
Average Professional Experiences
Representation by Regions
“During 18 months, I developed my hard and soft skills together with high profile professionals who became a family. On the itinerant track, the European Expertise of the teachers gave me the tools to anticipate and identify issues. Now I feel ready for the next step in my career.”
Antonio Fajardo, GMP 2016, EMBA 2018
Product Technology Manager
As part of the ESCP Alumni, you’ll enjoy access to a truly global network of contacts: over 65,000 business leaders in more than 150 countries. The ESCP Alumni Association offers fun and exciting opportunities to plug into this international network via the national alumni associations, and organizes a range of events and regular reunions across the world.
Within the ESCP Alumni Association, you can also look forward to membership of Club EMBA, which represents 5,000 Executive MBA graduates from the past 25 years of the program. Club EMBA is a high-powered network with a strong community spirit, and organizes regular events including breakfast & learn, networking bars, workshops, conferences, and annual reunions.
EMBA Women's Network
The EMBA Women's Network ensures you have the support you need to head off the particular challenges faced by women seeking to take their career to the next level. Initiatives include on-campus networking events, coaching sessions and elective courses on topics such as Women in Leadership.
“Change can only be achieved if women support each other whenever possible.”
Catherine Gaudry, MBA 2017
“For me, the real plus of ESCP is the strong commitment of the school to develop, support and mobilize female executives.”
Anne Kalu, MBA 2017
Skyte Global Travels
The Online Executive MBA (EMBA)
Despite the situation related to Covid-19, we continue to accompany you with your professional development project.
The ongoing recruitment process:
Application files to be completed online and selection interviews conducted remotely. Our team is always ready and available to listen to you.
- A previous university degree: Bachelor, Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline
- A minimum of five years’ managerial experience, based on demonstration of managerial skills and potential for success within your company (recommendation letters)
- Fluency in English: courses are taught in English and all coursework must be submitted in English.
- For non-native English speakers, we require the following minimum scores on the tests (TOEFL 100 / IELTS Band 7 / In-house English Test (free) provided by British Council: CEFR c1*). If you have worked or studied in English for at least 2 years, you will not be required to submit test scores related to English fluency.
*CEFR stands for Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Individual assessment meeting with the Admissions department (in person or by phone or Skype)
Applications are made online. To apply for the EMBA you have to submit the following documents:
- Degree certificates or grade transcripts covering all years of university study
- Up-to-date CV
- Two reference letters
- English Language certificate (if you are not a native English speaker)
- Copy of passport or ID
- Application fee of €300
On-campus or online admission interview with Program Directors, Faculty and Alumni
Admission decision within one week.
Confirmation of enrolment and payment of deposit one month following acceptance.
“The Executive MBA was the door-opener that allowed me to make my career change.”
Ali Nouri, MBA 2007
The Online Executive MBA (EMBA)
Fees & Financing
The Executive MBA is a Master's-level higher education degree, accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. The degree is registered with the Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) under the number RNCP 35383.
The ESCP Executive MBA and the online ESCP Executive MBA tuition fees are €69,900.
Tuition fees include 520 teaching hours, all course materials and online resources, and accommodation expenses for off-campus seminars. Travel and living expenses are not included.
In ESCP we value diversity and want to encourage real exchanges from individuals from many different backgrounds. To facilitate this, we offer the following scholarships schemes to accepted candidates:
- Women in Leadership
- Individuals based in Emerging Markets
- Those working for NGO/Non-profit
- Those working in a Small or Medium Sized Enterprises (SME : less than 250 employees)
These scholarships reduce tuition fees by between 5 and 20 % (maximum) and are awarded to candidates who can demonstrate that they will make an outstanding contribution to the program and to their organisations or community.
If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please contact Agnes Honorien (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
70% of our Executive MBA participants receive some financial support from their employer. Funding may also be available in the form of scholarships or government loans in your country. Our Admissions Officer will be happy to advise you about funding opportunities.
Financial institutions can provide you with a student loan. Our on-campus teams are also available to ease the process with purpose-designed credit facilities such as low-interest loans, tailored instalment schedules, and flexible payments.
“Doing the EMBA over 30 months has been a clever choice for me. This formula allows me to better manage studies and work, while providing more time to digest the valuable information received during the courses.”
Farida Tir, EMBA 2014
LATAM Marketing Manager