Gilles Arnaud is a Professor of Organizational Psychology/Behavior at ESCP, Paris Campus. He holds a Master in I/O Psychology, a PhD in Management Science in the field of organizational psychodynamics, and a French accreditation to supervise doctoral research. He has a strong interest in the application of psychoanalysis, especially Lacanian theory, to organization studies, work psychology and business. His other areas of interest include epistemological issues in social science, qualitative and clinical research methods, and critical management studies in a psychodynamic perspective. His research work has appeared in books and in a range of French and international academic journals. Moreover, Gilles Arnaud currently serves on the editorial board of Organization Studies, Management Decision, the Leadership & Organization Development Journal, Organisational and Social Dynamics, Frontiers in Psychoanalysis and Neuropsychanalysis, and in France, Gérer & Comprendre, @GRH, and Recherches en Sciences de Gestion. He co-edits the Nouvelle Revue de Psychosociologie (érès) and the Clinical Research & Social Change Series (L’Harmattan). He is also a member of the Laboratoire de Changement Social et Politique (Research Centre for Social and Political Change, University of Paris Diderot), a member of the History and Anthropology of Knowledge, Techniques and Beliefs (HASTEC) laboratory of excellence, a board member of the CIRFIP (International Centre for Research, Training and Intervention in Psycho-sociology) and a former board member of ISPSO (International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations). Gilles Arnaud is a founding member of the Psychoanalysis, Organizations, Work, and Society AIMS thematic research group.
Latest colloquia-symposia organizations:
- 2020 : Chair of the Thematic Session (STAIMS) "Contemporary working practices and new organizational dynamics" with Carine CHEMIN-BOUZIR, Anthony HUSSENOT, Emilie LANCIANO, Philippe LORINO and Jonathan SAMBUGARO, 29th AIMS international conference, online, June 2-5.
- 2018 : Chair of the Thematic Session (STAIMS) "Clinical and critical contributions to the study of work, management and strategy" with Carine CHEMIN-BOUZIR, Bénédicte VIDAILLET and Christophe VIGNON, 27th AIMS international conference, Montpellier, June 6-8.
- 2017 : Convenor of the Sub-theme "Uncovering the hidden: Psychoanalytic insights into the ‘Good Organization’" with Ishan JALAN and Bénédicte VIDAILLET, 33rd EGOS colloquium, Copenhagen, July 6-8.
- 2016 : Chair of the Track "Beyond rationalism, rationality and rationalization: critical, clinical and psychodynamic approaches to organizational life" with Carine CHEMIN-BOUZIR, Yiannis GABRIEL and Bénédicte VIDAILLET, 16th EURAM conference, Paris, June 1-4.
- 2015 : Organizer of the Colloquium "Sociologie & Psychanalyse" (Sociology and Psychoanalysis) with Pascal FUGIER, LCSP, University Paris Diderot, Paris, December 10-11.
- 2014 : Chair of the Topic "Psychoanalysis, Work, Organizations and Society" with Carine CHEMIN-BOUZIR, 14th EURAM conference, Valencia, June 4-7.
- 2013 : Organizer of the Colloquium "Re-working Lacan at work" with Bénédicte VIDAILLET, ESCP Europe, Paris, June 14-15.